Friday, July 5, 2013

The 4th of July

Both Matt and I had to work part of the day of this National Holiday, before our festivities started.
After both of us had returned home we marinated some yummy chicken, veggies, and burgers and threw them on our favorite cooking utensil; the grill. 
It turned out super yummy!
(I didn't get pictures surprisingly, because we were so hungry) 

***********
Later, we went and bought  some fireworks for the Smith's firework stand
Sparklers
10$ fountain pack
and (1) $15 Aerial 

When it finally got dark enough we started our "little" sidewalk of "FIRE!"
My mom came with us:
(Blurry pictures to follow)
Momma lounging
Matt tying 6 fireworks together
 Playing with the phone lighting

**********
I realized that my real camera didn't have a long exposure setting so Matt humored me and tried taking some pictures of my sparkler fun, on my phone. 



I think they turned out pretty good, haha. 
These are some of my favorite though: 


My husband's super cool! 

**********
After the sparklers we set off the aerial and it burst into nine awesome bursts of light only 70 feet above us. I couldn't believe the giddiness that ensued from my person. 

Happy 4th of July, hopes yours was as enjoyable as ours.

No comments: