Saturday, December 25, 2010

People getting married, getting married

In the past week 4 friends of mine of either gotten engaged or hitched, one including an ex boyfriend of mine. People say it would be weird to hear of an ex getting engaged, I didn't believe them...now I do.
It's weird to think that you and this person had something "special" at one time on another and then you hear of them planning on spending the rest of their life with someone else. Someone, more than likely, will have some of the same pet names, do some of the same activities, kissing, hugging, enjoying each other's company just as you did. When you were dating them. Am I so crazy to think that's a little weird? (I know some smartypants pants is going to come along and say in their head, "Well did you really expect him to just swoon over you, never letting go since you guys broke up and still wish you were together, and regret that he ever let you go?") Well Yes! Duh! .....Joke. No. Really, I don't think that, but it's still feels like that person has a part of you, they always will. You gave them secrets, you went through ups and downs and all arounds with them. Good memories, and bad memories. You gave a little piece of your heart away.
And you'll never get it back.

Well that was a little soap boxy (boxie? boxen?) now wasn't it?

I woke up this morning with marriage on the brain (as you can tell) and this little saying was, sprawled on the wall of the room I was in--- in my dream. It said, "Hope, Charity, Love, and Patience are the foundations of a good marriage." I think I just had a profound moment.
(Me! Profound!)
And so I wrote it down and I think whenever the dickens I get married that I will try to live those 4 little words. As I hear stories of what married people go through I start to think those 4 little words may be very helpful in the years to come, whenever marriage does come around.

"Marriage is the greatest happiness here on earth" - Brother Eggett

Hope: "What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise." If you don't have hope which can also be associated with faith then getting very far in life will be extremely difficult especially when you are trying to do it on your own. And when was the last time you looked back at a trial and realized it has made you a better person, a better version of you.( I have started to notice these things myself..it's ok you're not the only one ) God knows what he is doing.

Charity: "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that when ye are in service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." Self explanatory.

Love: "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give our love, and let it come in." This morning I went to go visit my grandmother and as I was walking out the door she said something along the lines of, "Love yourself, take care of yourself. Because you are the only one that will love you as much as you love yourself." I took it to heart, if we don't love ourselves and see the beauty that is on the inside and outside we will never truly be able to love others. Even though it's hard at times to see the masterpiece we are, we must try.

Patience: "God always teaches us patience, when we do not have time for the lesson." If we do not have patience with those around us then we cannot see past what is the issue and see that people are not perfect, people make mistakes. Everyone has a past, but everyone is yearning and planning for a better future. Nothing can be done alone. And there is always someone there to give us a helping hand.

What it boils down to is Christ. Christ is what we need to center our lives around. Our single lives, our married lives, our young family lives, grown up families, work place lives, retired lives , and into the eternities. Whenever it happens for me and whenever it happens for you, if we want marriage to work we must have God central in that union. That's the only way it will work.
(What a shpeal this has been huh?)
He is Hope. He is Charity. He is Love. He is Patience.
Christ is everywhere, Christ is in this season and he is throughout the whole year, we sometimes have to go searching for him, because we are the ones who have turned and walked the other way for a time, but he is always there...in the same spot waiting for us.. (NieNie says it really well right HERE: if you're feeling down about something you've done or are at a time in life that seems less than satisfactory) I'm beginning to realize how much of an affect he has on this world, this tiny globe that we call home.
In the spirit of the season, Merry Christmas to one and all. Remember Christ the Lord and the Love, and everything He has done for us. It truly is Amazing Grace!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments: