Friday, September 3, 2010

Happiness: LDC: Latter-day Celebration

There is this choir at the institute of religion in Orem, Utah.
A choir that many want to be apart of.
Including myself.

Last year I tried out for this choir...
No go.
Nada.
No entry.
Turn back now.
(It was a sad day)

Now, 365 days later (approx.)
I tried out again
I walked up those looming steps
Stepped onto the X and...
was asked to talk to those around me for the choir director needed to get up and walk.
I talked and met Jessica and John.
We talked about driving outside, hiking, and backpacking in the outdoors
10 minutes later.
The director came back. Sat down.
I was invited to start singing.
I started to sing.
Singing, "How could I ever know" from the Secret Garden.
(I love this song)
(I had the opportunity to sing it as a duet in high school, with a guy I liked/like)
(I may be bias, but I thought it kicked butt)
I thought hard to remember the words.
I was shaking like a leaf.
Hands sweating but eyes fixed on the prize.
Messed up on a phrase, but it didn't phase.
I sang with all my heart.
I sang through the shaking, through the sweaty hands, and through the doubt.
I put feeling into the song.
I sang like I used to.
I love music.
I ended and was told that it was sung beautifully.
I walked to my seat.
Adrenaline pulsing through my veins.
I felt good about the audition.
I felt accomplished.
(That in itself was a good feeling)

Next day: List goes up
Morning time schooling
List goes up at noon
Devotional at noon
Looking at list at 1
Couldn't wait while in the devotional,so I excused myself to go look at the list.
I walked slowly towards the door.
I first tried to find my cousin's name on the sheet.
I Found it! Yay, she got in!
Next, I slowly scan from the bottom up and land on 13 letters.
13 glorious letters
Written in the same black ink as the rest of the page.
B-r-i-a-n-n-a--P-e-t-t-i-t
I had gotten in.
I had gotten in..
Oh my goodness!
I had gotten in!!!
My heart flooded with joy and happiness that I haven't felt in awhile
I couldn't stop smiling
My heart swelling with complete bliss.
I was going to be in a magnificent choir.
A choir where every individual is a missionary for the lord, through music.
What could be better?
(Very few things in this world)

I'm on an emotional high
and
I'm not quite sure when i'll be coming down.


2 comments:

Emily and Benjamin said...

I'm excited that you got into the choir! Aren't auditions terrifying? Anyways you have a beautiful voice so you most assuredly deserve it! (plus I remember from high school that you stay in the right key even when you sing a solo acapella which is very hard to do. you should get extra credit for that)

King Arthur said...

Ha! I love how you told that story! Small world. Turns out that I was in LDC way back when as well. You'll have an amazing experience. Our tours were great. The friendships were great and best of all, bearing testimony was great!

Congrats Brianna.