Thursday, February 25, 2010

That red stuff is WHAT?

Today I'm giving blood
my blood
the blue underneath veins, red above the skin, blood.
for the first time in my life.
I'm a little apprehensive to go through with it, but I have said I will do it
So...
I'll do it.
As much as it scares the crap out of me, it can't be that bad...right?
It's just a needle piercing your flesh for a momentary second, unless they miss your vein and have to do the agonizing poke again, and again.
But then again, they are trained to do this, so they probably won't miss. Hopefully. I think that I can only get myself prepared once for that prick. Maybe i'm being a little dramatic, but I'm seriously terrified for today at 4pm. (that's when it's happening)
I may be scarred for life, or I may be just fine
(I'm hoping for the "just fine"

On a side note, I was told that I need to drink lots of water and eat healthy for today..
I have been doing this ever since the start of the new year, but for safe measure I have been consuming two times as much as water as I usually do. I have already been through 30 oz of water and its not even noon yet, do you think that's enough? Let's say I have had to get a couple time during study in the library to use the facilities, i hope they actually take my blood and it helps someone become I may be on the verge of becoming water logged.

2 comments:

Liesl said...

I'm so proud of you. I've never donated blood before, although I don't have a problem with needles. I will do it some day. Ish.

Brianna Jean said...

Well maybe we should do it with eachother in 9 weeks ( that's how long I have to wait to do it again. )