Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Well as everyone knows today is/was thanksgiving day. One of the few days out of the year where everyone including myself takes a moment out of their life to think about the things that they are truly grateful and thankful for. We really should do that more often, because we have so much to be grateful and not enough time (or internet space) to write it all down. But I want to make a little list of the things that I am grateful for.

I am grateful for:
- Music- can't go a day without turning some form of music on or humming something on my way to work, school or to hang out with a good friend.
- School- You know someday's school just drives you up the wall and then there are those rare occasions when you are genuinely interested in everything that the professor is talking about. Those days are the days where I am glad that i'm a professional student, at the moment.
- Mom- She is the one person who keeps me close to the gospel and helps me see that even if hard times come up in your life that if you keep the faith that anything will fix itself. We always learn alot from eachother, we lift each other and we can talk for hours if we want.
- Dad - He is a guy who I love to call everyday, as i'm walking to school, just to see how he is doing even though not much has changed since the last time I talked to him. Me and him can talk about anything under the sun and have a legit conversation, one with controversy and comedic timing.
- Friends- The best people in my life, besides my family. They keep me going, they love me for the quirky, weird person and I am. Wether is be singing in the car to Glee, drinking an apple beer while driving around listening to U2, wearing my first mud mask and flaunting it in pictures, harmonizing random songs that don't mean much except simutaneously improvisation, watching chick flicks/westerns/comedies and laughing, crying, and dying from surprise. :)

I'm also grateful for
-The rain
-Newly cut green grass
- The atmosphere
-Hot chocolate
-My apartment
-My Job
-The singles ward
-My car
-My kitty cat (mushu)
-My brother
-Soccer
-Guitar/singing/piano
-Rainbows
-Fall colors
-Regaining a friendship

and the one of the largest things

I am so grateful for the gospel, the Lord, and all that he does for me. Helping me through life even though sometimes it may seem like i'm stuck. But he has a plan and is waiting for me to put my trust in him and be grateful for the things he has already given me. I'm grateful to know I can have my family for eternity, that I have my brother and what a sweet person he is. How he tries to act like my older brother even though he is 3 years younger. It is super endearing. I love it. I love the education that I am recieving, I love feeling smarter and know i'm learning everyday through every action, thought, word, and deed. Its exciting to expand horizions and develop new hobbies and skills. I love books at the places and worlds the pull you into for a short or long amount of time. The ability, that we as people have, to bring words to life and bring emotion the the page or through notes and melodies. I love the different seasond, each one bringing a new task, a new adventure, new people to meet. I am so grateful for my life and the opporunity to continue you, to grow and learn and meet and seek. To love, to lose, to show and to do.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments: