Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wow two decades = 7300 days!

Today, I turned 20.
Whoa!
If that doesn't kick someone into reality transitioning from a teenager to adult, then i'm not sure what will .

You know how the day you turn the "year older", you don't really FEEL older...yet. It isn't until you're about to grow another year older do you start feeling like that age. So it seems like I am in a continuous circle in which I will never be as "mature" as my actual age, because I takes half the year to get to that point. Haha. Maybe i am the only who thinks this way, but whatever is whatever, right?

So i was looking through photos of junior high school and even high school and i think that I am a tad different, some aspects more than others. I think that I am quite alot more mature than I was back in high school. Like any person would say. But I actually feel like the age I am (not trying to contradict what I said above), I look back at high school and realize that the drama that I felt was so trivial. And it really wasn't worth the effort to be prom queen, or go out with that specific guy, or be the main part in the school musical. High school is high school, and that's where it SHOULD stay...but it doesn't. *sigh* Nope college is slightly and sadly much like high school just at a slightly higher, shall we say, uping the stakes? Instead of just going on dates for fun and such, it is "if you go on a date with him then you're saying you want to marry the guy.." .....*cough cough* you're kidding, right?!?! Really? When did that mean i wanted to marry the guy? I thought it was about meeting people, making friendships, and THEN if you see something that may be something else then go for it kinda thing. No wonder boys are so afraid of asking us devilish girls out on dates. goodness.

Wow, random of the subject sorry...back to me!

So, yesterday my dear friend Laurie gave my some fantastic shoes and a journal in which I have the opportunity to write whatever I want in it. And along with this journal came three, unsightly pictures of me and Laurie going through our incredibly awkward teenage years. I wish that I had a scanner in which I could scan and reveal the awfulness of them. Let's just say that I will be awkward looking for the rest of my life. I'm almost positive that a few years from now I will be saying "what the crap was I doing with my hair" etc. etc. etc.
So might as well reap the moments in which I think I actually act/feel mature. HA!
Anyway, I was thinking about some random things that I have done through these 20 years of my life. And heck i haven't been doing too bad!

A list of things I think are worth writing about:
1. I learned how to ride my bike at age 4
2. I could swim on my own before floaties were cool
3. I could beat anyone at checkers. Since the 4th grade.
4. My first kiss was on the 1st grade playground. In 1st grade, with Mitchell Palmer.
5. I have broken all 10 of my fingers, I have a story for each and everyone one.
6. I flew a plane (my grandpa's)
7. I have been to Mexico, New york city, and Europe
8. I graduated from high school
9. I realized who my real friends are and i'm not letting them go.
10. I used to hate shoes, now i love them
11. I read Les Miserable, (the long one!)
12. I won 1st place in a Nickelodeon "Party at your school" drawing, and got many awesome toys. (you had to win grand prize for them to come to your school)
13. I have seen and sung for President Gordon B. Hinckely
14. I have learned that even though I make mistakes, I get right back on my feet and fix it. And now that I'm 20 I have to take responsibility for my actions (blah) And that you always have an opportunity to fix what you have messed up, but it would seriously be better not to mess up in the first place. (OH so easier said than done.!)

(Taken from Liesl, she tagged me, so I am obligated to do so)

8 things I did last week and this week:
1. I bought 5 new books and recieved two others for my birthday
2. I learned how to make curry
3. Maybe have decided on a major, and decided i'm quite indecisive
4. Half cleaned my room
5. Realized that half of Utah county is getting married this year.
6. Felt incredibly thuggish at a hip-hop class.
7. Went swimming, inside, it was raining.
8. Went to get my car registered...didn't pass...4 times...and still hasn't passed

8 favorite current books ( in no particular order)
1. The 13 reason why
2. The book thief
3. The pendragon series
4. The Harry Potter Series
5. Peter pan
6. Wildwood dancing
7. Ella Enchanted
8. The other Boyeln Girl

8 Fave broadway shows (It was supposed to be resturants, but liesl changed it to broadway shows and I enjoyed that idea very much)
1. Wicked (so amazing, so passionate, so true)
2. Les Miserables (changed my life, and was heart wrentching)
3. West Side Story (fantastic music, drama, and love)
4. The Drowsy Chaperone (can't get enough of it, so slap sticky, so so funny)
5. Hairspray(I can't believe people can dance like that AND sing at the same time!)
6. Thouroughly Modern Millie (tap, loathing turned to love, 1920's mm)
7. Once On This Island (the story and dancing was lovely)
8. Footloose (dancing, story, love the music)

8 things I'm looking forward to:
1. Spring, spring, spring
2. My haircut tomorrow
3. A new start
4. My car being registered
5. More books and shoes in the future
6. Getting better at drawing
7. Catching one of those ducks
8. Getting a job

8 wishes
1. I had a million bucks
2. Be able to hear people's thoughts
3. World Pea-----actually. hmmm
4. save the polar bears!
5. Travel everywhere
6. To know what i want to do in life
7. To do have a kitty and doggy
8. to be tri-lingual

8 people to tag
Leah
Erin
Asheigh
Heather
That man on the corner of 5th and Main.
J.K. Rowling (Good idea Liesl)
That cute guy at Tucanos' (haha)
Anyone else with time to kill

1 comment:

Liesl said...

Man, I have great ideas. Also, happy birthday! I admit I forgot it. I'm sorry. Consider last Friday your birthday present, because I'm leaving (on a jet plane-no, not really) on the 18. Of April. Which is this month.

Also, I plan to hear those stories about the fingers. And the other stuff, too.