Saturday, February 28, 2009

The fuse has been lit..

I walked into the room with an air about me of complete and utter confidence. I had never felt such enthusiasm for a moment in my life. I found a place to sit and watch the many women show how well they could pull off a tap routine. I needing to wait for the next group learning the regular or easier dance. I was fasinated by how their feet moved so quickly and so precise. I loved watch the movements, and facial expressions.
Soon the clock had reached mid day. Noon. It was time for me to learn what I had come to learn. It turns out the charleston is alot harder and more complicated then I remember. It look at least half of the time remembering where to put your feet and then all of sudden having to add the apendages that you seem to forget every time you start using the ones attached to the floor. As the minutes ticked by I slowly got into the rhythum of the one-two-three-four...
then it was my turn to show what I got..

I bombed.
I flaked.
I completely
and utterly
sucked...

1 comment:

Liesl said...

Oh, Brianna. I didn't see this until today. It does me grief about how much you absolutely SUCK. No, I'm kidding. But I really am sorry. I admire you for knowing the dance at all, though. I've always wanted to know the Charleston!