Monday, February 23, 2009

For the love of cookies

This little guy makes my world go round. Anytime that I go to the store I try and pick up some pre-made chocolate morsel goodness. Just for Me. I come home break off a couple pieces of the nicely cut pieces of cookie dough and slide them gently onto a baking sheet. I crank up the music, and the heat and wait patiently for my little piece of heaven to rise and sweeten.
As the minutes trickle by I get lost in the music, a piece by some musical sadly thrown to the side most of the time. As the songs end I realize "THE COOKIES!!!!" i run over to the oven, rip open the door and there they lay--perfectly cooked morsels. mmm. I lift them out of their hot, steamy cavern, setting them on top of the stove. I realize then, that I had left something in my car. I walk down, giving the cookies time to cool. When I come back a mere 3 or 4 minutes later ALL (but one) cookies are gone. The cookies I longed for and had been waiting for, for several minutes had been devoured in the same time it would take to pour a glass of milk. Ah, the sadness that is me, when it comes to living with 5 other girls, who loves chocolate, and cookie dough as much as me.... *sigh*

2 comments:

Liesl said...

You should've given your subject the title "the way the cookie crumbles." It'd be so much more cliche and awesome.

Brianna Jean said...

I could change it..