Thursday, September 18, 2008

A pile of dirty dishes...

About 10 minutes ago I just finished cleaning probably the most disgusting and revolting pile of dishes i have ever seen in my life. So being on my period and all was more irritated with the dishes than normal. So what did i do? I jumped right in and started cleaning them...at midnight. The smells that came out of that sink i have only imagined could be associated with something dying..and by heck something had died in our sink. There was moldy milk, 10 day old ramen noodle (never want to smell that again) and various other trinkets i found as i dug my way through it all. And after it I made a spiritual or religious connection...humor me.

The pile of dirty dishes could symbolize us/me of when we slack off.. i.e. (not reading scriptures, skipping church to sleep in, not saying prayers..etc) and as time goes on the pile gets higher and higher and we get more and more discouraged to want to dig our way to Christ. But what i found out is that during the whole process of cleaning your dishes (your sins) they may stink, and the things you may have done may even repulse you they smell so bad. But when you get it all clean and smelling like oranges because you crammed a few into the drain, then you take a step back and tell yourself, that wasn't too hard, or difficult. Why didn't i do it before?

So sometimes when our dishes get to high, don't get too discouraged, because there is always a clean sink under there somewhere, you just have to go digging for it.

2 comments:

Leah said...

I love this story/analogy! You're awesome!

Liesl said...

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I like the analogy. And doing dishes sucks.