Sunday, July 4, 2010

Life is all about being unsure

Over the past little while (when I say a little while, I mean a few years) I think that I haven't been who I am able to be. I have made decisions that have taken my life down different roads, that have given me experience and helped me grow. But also have slowed my progression. I have just begun to really see the person I could be. I have tried doing life by myself, and it hasn't worked. Nothing has worked. It seems to me that I am a hard-headed individual.
One that needed a knock in the head to really see what needed to be done.
I have always been on my own, I have had my parents and siblings, but I have always felt I could take care of myself. To figure out the situation on my own, and not need outside help. It turns out that everyone needs some outlet or they go crazy. They keep these emotions inside and they are then projected outward without the person knowing. I sometimes get into stupid emotional lows that seem to hit me when I'm trying to do my best. I get discouraged and down on myself and mentally abuse myself with words that, "I'll never be able to get through this"..."I'm stupid."..."I have never or never will be this or this"
But I have come to realize that I'm not any of those things. I am a daughter of my heavenly father, who loves me. Me. He loves me even after I have made mistakes, He loves me when I feel down and out, He loves me when I make good decisions. He loves me when I use my talents, He loves me in times of need. He loves me and understands the wants of my heart. And the list goes On and On.
I have realized that life isn't going about it alone. It is putting your faith and trust in the Lord and letting his hand guide you to the things that will make you happy and will prepare you for comings of the future.

Alma 38: 5 "...as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trails, and your troubles, and your afflictions."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You reminded me of a scripture.

"...thou are angry, O Lord, with this people, because they will not understand thy mercies which thou hast bestowed upon them because of thy Son."

I don't think God gets angry so much when we make mistakes as much as when we don't UNDERSTAND who we are, what he's done for us, etc. I appreciated your blog post. It helped me put things in perspective. I may be imperfect but as long as I strive to understand the Atonement and strive to be a better person, I think I'll be alright. So will you :) Thanks for the insight Brianna!

Erik